It's always best to pay cash for big items -- except when you can't. We make it easy to purchase items on installments, with NO FEES and NO INTEREST.
Lay-away in Store
Pre-payments for Backordered Items
Affirm & BikePartners Bike Shop have teamed up to offer easy financing - without a catch. There are no gimmicks like deferred interest or hidden fees, so the total you see at checkout is always what you'll actually pay.
Quick & Easy
Your Affirm account is created using your name, email, mobile phone number, birthday and last 4 digits of SSN. This combination helps Affirm verify and protect your identity.
Choose 3 or 6 monthly payments
Affirm designed its loans to offer you flexibility and control over your budget. Affirm offers rates from as low as 10-30% APR based on your credit. Actual rates will be shown at checkout.
Real People, Real Support
Affirm has a dedicated team in San Francisco at Affirm HQ, ready to answer your questions and help out however they can.
Frequently Asked Questions about Affirm Financing
What information does Affirm Require?
Your Affirm account is created using your name, email, mobile phone number, birthday and last 4 digits of SSN. This combination helps Affirm verify and protect your entity.
How do I pay my bills?
You can pay your Affirm bills online at www.affirm.com/pay. They accept payment by debit card, bank transfer and check.
Does Affirm conduct a credit check?
Yes, when you first create an Affirm account, Affirm perform a 'soft' credit check to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. This 'soft' credit check will not affect your credit score.
Why was I prompted to pay a down payment with a debit card?
Affirm tries hard to approve every purchase but sometimes can't approve the full amount. When this happens, Affirm provides a debit card down payment option so that you may still complete your purchase right away.
Why was I prompted for a checking account?
Affirm sometimes requires additional information to consider a credit application. Such information may include an active checking account, which helps Affirm verify your identity and your ability to repay the requested loan. If they prompt you for this information but you are unable to provide it, Affirm will be unable to approve your credit application.
What interest-free payment terms are available for my purchase?
'Cart floor' - minimum shopping cart purchase amount
'MO' - month
'APR' - annual percentage rate. ZERO!
'IB' -interest bearing loans (10-30% APR).
What are the minimum and maximum purchase amounts that are covered by Affirm?
Minimum purchase amount is $50. There is no maximum purchase amount.
How do I see the payment terms for my particular purchase?
Beneath the item price you will see this message -- just click on the 'learn more' link to get the full payment terms options:
Subject to credit check and approval. Down payment may be required. For purchases under $100, limited payment options are available. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.
Will I get 'dinged' if I miss a payment, or don't complete my payments on time?
No penalty! No foul! No fee! Affirm will come after you if you fail to complete your obligation, and your FICO credit score would be affected. Just make your payments in full before the interest-free period ends, and you are golden!
Still more questions about Affirm? Read more below
Layaway in Store
When you want the item so bad you don't want me to sell it, I can 'lay it away' for you!
BikePartners Bike Shop's layaway program is available all year. With 20% down (50% for Special Orders) I will place anything on a layaway for you so you can spread out payments over up to 3 months. You can pay as much or as little as you would like and as often as you like as long as the item is paid in full in 3 months. Once your final payment is made, the item(s) are yours.
Pre-Payments for Backordered Items
During these trying times brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become increasingly difficult for me to purchase inventory for resale to my customers. For this reason I offer a Pre-Purchase option: Make full payment on a backordered item now, and I will issue you 3x (three times) BikePartners Rewards Club loyalty points at the time of delivery.
Example: Purchase a $2,000 bicycle now. When the bicycle is delivered in 6-months, you will received 6,000 Rewards Club points. These points are worth 5% ($300) cash value on any store purchase.
I researched Affirm pretty extensively, and I can stand by the integrity of their offering. There are no surprises to you the customer. I pay the financing fee as your merchant. You're welcome! - Geoffrey
What is Affirm?
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit-payment products. Affirm offers instant financing for online purchases to be paid in fixed monthly installments.
Why buy with Affirm?
- Buy and receive your purchase right away, and pay for it over several months. This payment option allows you to split the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget.
- If Affirm approves your loan, you'll see your loan terms before you make your purchase. See exactly how much you owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan. There are no hidden fees.
- The application process is secure and real-time. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount that you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months that you have to pay off your loan -- all within seconds.
- You don’t need a credit card to make a purchase. Affirm lends to the merchant directly on your behalf.
- You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don’t have an extensive credit history. Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you.
- Affirm reminds you by email and SMS before your upcoming payment is due. Enable Autopay to schedule automatic monthly payments on your loan.
What is required to have an Affirm account?
To sign up for Affirm, you must:
- Be 18 years or older (19 years or older in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska).
- Not be a resident of Iowa (IA) or West Virginia (WV).
- Provide a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address.
- Provide a valid U.S. mobile or VoIP number and agree to receive SMS text messages. The phone account must be registered in your name.
- Provide your full name, email address, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number to help us verify your identity.
How does Affirm work?
Affirm loan-application process steps:
- At checkout, choose Pay with Affirm.
- Affirm prompts you to enter a few pieces of information: Name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. This information must be consistent and your own.
- To ensure that you’re the person making the purchase, Affirm sends a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
- Enter the authorization code into the application form. Within a few seconds, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you have to pay off your loan. You have the option to pay off your loan over three, six, or twelve months. Affirm states the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan.
- To accept Affirm’s financing offer, click Confirm Loan and you’re done.
After your purchase, you’ll receive monthly email and SMS reminders about your upcoming payments. You can also set up autopay to avoid missing a payment. Your first monthly payment is due 30 days from the date that we (the merchant) processes your order.
How does Affirm approve borrowers for loans?
- Affirm asks for a few pieces of personal information: Name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Affirm verifies your identity with this information and makes an instant loan decision.
- Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points. This means that you may be able to obtain financing from Affirm even if don’t have an extensive credit history.
Does Affirm do a credit check, and how does it impact my credit score?
Affirm does a “soft” credit check, which verifies the customer's identity but does not affect a customer’s credit score. Affirm's underwriting model does not use a hard credit check. There is no effect on a consumer's credit score when they apply for an Affirm loan.
Why was I denied financing by Affirm?
The merchant has no information regarding a customer's financing denial. Affirm strives to offer all credit-worthy applicants financing with Affirm, but isn’t able to offer credit in every case. Affirm will send you an email with more details about its decision. Unfortunately Affirm’s decision is final.
Why was I asked to verify my identity?
If Affirm has difficulty confirming your identity, you may need to provide more information. Affirm uses modern technology to confirm your identity, including verifying your address or full SSN, or requesting a photo of your ID. Affirm takes these steps in some cases to counter fraud and provide the most accurate credit decision they can.
Why was I prompted to enter my income?
Affirm may sometimes need more information about your finances and your ability to repay in order to make a credit decision. Your income gives Affirm additional insight into your ability to repay.
Why was I prompted for my checking account?
Affirm may sometimes need more information about your finances and your ability to repay in order to make a credit decision. If you are prompted to link your checking account and would like to proceed, please provide the login information for your online bank account. Affirm does not store your online login credentials—they are transmitted securely to your bank.
If Affirm asks you to link your checking account, Affirm won’t be able to offer you credit if:
1) Your bank is not listed
2) You choose not to link your checking account
3) You don’t use online banking
4) The username and / or password you provide is incorrect
5) You're unable to successfully connect your checking account
Why is my bank not listed?
Although Affirm is continually adding support for additional banks, they aren’t able to connect to every bank at the present time. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you’re unable to connect your bank, you’ll need to complete your purchase with another payment method.
Why was I prompted for a down payment?
Affirm isn’t always able to offer credit for the full amount you request. In these cases, Affirm asks you to make a down payment with a debit card for the remainder of your purchase. The down payment amount can’t be changed and must be made upon confirming your loan and before the loan offer expires.
Will I see how much interest I am paying prior to accepting my loan?
Yes! Affirm works hard to be completely transparent. You’ll see the amount of interest you’ll owe on the terms page and again on the loan confirmation page. If you pay off your loan early, you’ll receive a rebate for any interest that hasn’t yet accrued.
Why can't customers outside the U.S. use Affirm?
Affirm is available only to shoppers residing in the United States. Affirm hopes to expand its services to customers outside the U.S. in the future.
Interest Rates and Fees
What are Affirm’s fees?
The annual percentage rate (APR) on an Affirm loan ranges from 0% to 30%. Affirm discloses any required fees upfront before you make a purchase, so you know exactly what you will pay for your financing. Affirm does not charge any hidden fees, including annual fees.
Why is my Affirm interest rate so high?
When Affirm determines your annual percentage rate (APR), it evaluates a number of factors, including your credit score and other data about you. If you finance future purchases with Affirm, you may be eligible for a lower APR depending on your financial situation at the time of purchase.
This APR calculator will give you an idea of how much interest you actually pay: https://www.affirm.com/apr-calculator/
When you consider Affirm financing, carefully evaluate the loan terms that Affirm offers you and determine whether the monthly payments fit your budget.
How is interest on an Affirm loan calculated?
Affirm calculates the annual percentage rate (APR) of a loan using simple interest, which equals the rate multiplied by the loan amount and by the number of months the loan is outstanding.
This model differs from compound interest, in which the interest expense is calculated on the loan amount and the accumulated interest on the loan from previous periods. Think about compound interest as “interest on interest,” which can increase the loan amount. Credit cards, for example, use compound interest to calculate the interest expense on outstanding credit card debt.
Making Payments and Refunds
How do I make my payments?
Before each payment is due, Affirm sends you an email or SMS reminder with the installment amount that is coming due and the due date. You have the option to sign up for autopay, so you don’t risk missing a payment.
Follow these steps to make a payment:
<ol style="box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent; margin: 0px 2.5rem 2rem; padding: 0px; color: #071a32; font-family: Avenir-Webfont, Avenir, 'Droid Sans', DroidSansRegular, Corbel, Tahoma, Geneva, メイリオ, Meiryo, 'ヒラギノ角ゴ ProN W3', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN', sans-serif; font-size: 20px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text